Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Shopping Spree

This past weekend I did the Winners tour with my oldest sister and scored some pretty sweet deals. Now that spring is here, it's time for colour!


Here's what I scored: a dark teal open front cardigan with rosette appliques, on clearance for $15. Can't really see it in the image, it's the blob on the upper left of the photo.
A fantastic purple Sparrow True handbag marked down to $29 from $59.99.
A scrapbook for $10 and a kirigami craft kit for $5.99.
Pretty sweet deals, huh?  As soon as I got home, I switched from my brown suede handbag to the purple one. Love coloured handbags in the spring/summer. I have been intending to do a scrapbook of vacation photos from Mexico and Cuba and have not found the right cover yet, but this one is perfect. Can't beat the price either. It's a 12x12 format, and I already have tons of scrapbooking paper and doodads.






Here are better images of the cardigan. The colour is a bit off in the photo, but it's close enough. I love the versatility-it can be worn open, tied to the side, or tied in the front. It's casual enough for jeans and ballet flats, or can be dressed up with dress pants and heels. Just because something is on sale, doesn't mean it is always are great deal. I always think about care-it is machine washable, will it wrinkle? And if  I can think of three other things I can wear it with, and at least two places I can wear it to, then I will get it. If not, I don't buy it even if I love it. Otherwise I won't end up wearing it.


 The kirigami kit is really cool, I'd never heard of it before.  Kirigami is related to origami, the Japanese art of folding paper but Kirigami uses cuts as well as folds to create intricate and beautiful designs. The kit includes the instruction booklet, a folding guide, tracing paper, a slew of coloured papers and scissors. All for $6, can't beat that for value. And since I recently broke the handle of my favourite craft scissors, it was too perfect to pass up.

Some of the designs-aren't they neat?

The project guide includes awesome tips and ideas. Both for home decor and entertaining. Here are some of the pages:


I am going to use the designs in my new scrapbook-the tropical floral designs will be the perfect complement to my Mexico images. I also love the photo matte-I'll try that one too. There are so many uses-to add pizazz to basic white dinner ware, string them together for garland. There are a few three dimensional projects too, one is a hanging decoration/mobile, as well as the paper butterflies shown on the cover. Can't wait to start folding and snipping away.

I always start at Winners first when shopping, especially for gifts. I can always find something fantastic at a great price. I suggest going with a friend, filling a cart and trying everything on. You never know until you try it. Rummage through the stationary and home section too, good deals abound.

Happy Shopping!

1 comment: