Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Pussy Willow Arrangement

Today's idea comes from my Swedish-Canadian friend who sent me this image of a pussy willow arrangment she made. In Sweden it is traditional to decorate branches-typically willow, birch or pussy willow with easter eggs, brightly coloured feathers and fuzzy yellow chicks to celebrate spring.
She also told me a funny story about tramping through her neighbour's field searching for pussy willows in the recent spring snow storm we had on the weekend. The snow was actually blowing horizontally.



This image is so Swedish to me-with the all white background, the brightly coloured decorations and table runner. I hope you find this image inspirational. For another take on the same theme, check out my version with willow branches, a bird and nest and butterflies.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is something young kids would enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete