Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Birthday

This year my husband's birthday falls on Easter weekend. My challenge is to organize a family party for 10 people, to celebrate both Easter and his birthday without Easter taking over. Here's what I am thinking so far.

http://www.pingg.com/gallery/design/easter-egg-chickens

 Martha Stewart and Pingg have joined forces for a collection of free Easter E-cards and E-vites. I found this image-egg chickens celebrating a birthday! Perfect. So this led to the general idea of Easter characters-chicks, bunnies etc wearing party hats. I think it is a perfect way to combine the two themes.

I am designing a "Hoppy Birthday" banner with bunnies, and am going to make paper bag easter basket "lootbags".  Something like this:

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/basket-bouquet

Quite easy to make, and inexpensive. Haven't decided exactly what will go in them yet, but I have a few ideas.....

Birthday Boy wants to go to Swiss Chalet for dinner, and I am happy to oblige. With a small dining room and no dishwasher I do not mind at all. I'll serve up some appetizers, and of course birthday cake.

I'll post more about the party later, once everything comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment