Image source: http://www.greenlivingonline.com
Here's a great source for tips to green up your next party or weddding: Green Living Online
Sign up for newsletters sent to your email inbox for great tips.
Some great suggestions to help make events more ecofriendly:
- use biodegradable plates and utensils (usually made from corn)
- look for 100% recycled paper products and make sure to recycle/compost them
- green up your lootbags/guest favours-use a re-usable, biodegradable bag or container
I find ecofriendly toys to be a bit expensive, so pick one or two really great items.
For weddings: there are tips on every category from the ring to the honeymoon. You can find the wedding article here
- serve organic, free range or local menu items
- use items for centerpieces that can be re-used or re purposed
- use flowers that are in season
- buy a second hand dress, one from a charity shop or at least re-sell yours when you are done
- consider renting dresses (brides or bridesmaids)
- look for guest favours that are practical, organic or donate to a charity in your guest's name
- consider paring down your guest list-reduce your carbon footprint and save money at the same time